‘Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire’ – W. B. Yeats
We are living in a rapidly changing world where what children learn today will be obsolete tomorrow. Therefore, choosing the right kind of education to unleash your child’s creativity is essential for him/her to become a lifelong learner.
Our team of enthusiastic, dedicated and innovative teachers are carefully selected as they will be mentors to their students as we believe students love to learn from people who inspire them. The teaching team comprises of passionate educators with over 20 years private school experience and a common philosophy that every child Can and Will learn. Yes, they are the kind that believe genuine learning takes place in fun, enjoyable activities and open forums.
Our Learning Centre is a wonderful place for students taking the great step forward from public and private school to a structured home-school environment. Our ideal set up of small groups of 5-10 students per class makes it possible for students to aspire to greater levels of academic excellence.
Stress free, positive peer interactions, no comparing or competing with ‘smarties’ are just some of the attributes that contribute to a conducive learning environment imperative for your child’s emotional and mental state of mind to excel academically and explore his/her latent talents.
Our parents-teachers bond is synergic. Parents’ views and comments are encouraged as we are open-minded to constructive ideas that will meet your child’s individual needs.
We are pleased to share with you our personalised and closely monitored programme from elementary level to International GCSE O and A Levels both Edexcel and Cambridge curriculums.
In us you have entrusted your precious, and it is us who nurture and sculpt the hidden jewel to shine!
Ms Rena Logan
About our Director of Welfare, Psychology, Social and Student Character Development
Associate Prof Dato’ Dr Andrew Mohanraj Chandrasekaran
MBBS (Calicut) MPM (Malaya) Fellowship in Com.Psych (Melbourne) AM (Malaysia) IARCPsych (UK)
Consultant Psychiatrist and Adjunct Associate Professor of Psychiatry, University Perdana Graduate Medical School, Malaysia.
Dr. Andrew Mohanraj is currently the Director of Welfare, Psychology, Social and Character Development of Students with the Cranbridge Education Group. He has been involved in advisory and consultation works to enhance students’ academic performance and stress management.
Dr Andrew Mohanraj has served the Ministry of Health Malaysia for 12 years before taking up an international assignment after the Asian Tsunami of 2004. He has done pioneering work in the establishment of sustainable psychosocial rehabilitation services in Indonesia, The Philippines and Timor Leste.
In 2012, Dr. Andrew Mohanraj returned to Malaysia under the Return of the Expert Programme by Talent Corporation, a unit under the purview of the Prime Minister’s Department. He subsequently joined Perdana University Graduate School of Medicine as Associate Professor in Psychiatry. Besides his continuing consultative work for the World Health Organization and other international government and non-government organizations, Dr Mohanraj is also a member of the Mental Health Promotion Advisory Council to the Minister of Health Malaysia.
In 2013, in recognition of Dr. Andrew Mohanraj’s international work in the promotion of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities ((UNCRPD), he was appointed as a member of the National Council for Persons with Disabilities. He is also actively involved in the mainstreaming of mental health issues as the Deputy President of the Malaysian Mental Health Association.
About our Director of Curriculum and Programme Development
Assoc Prof at UTM Advanced Informatics School, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia International Campus Kuala Lumpur
Dr Zuraini is currently the Director of Curriculum Development with the Cranbridge Education Group. She has been involved in advising and developing the homeschool concept into the international GCSE curriculum and activities to meet with the needs of our ever-changing society and an evolving education system.
Dr Zuraini Ismail started her tertiary education with a Diploma in Computer Science at University Technology MARA. She obtained her Bachelor of Science in Computer Management Systems at Southern New Hampshire, USA and a Masters in Computer Management Science from University of New Haven, Connecticut, USA. She further pursued her PhD in Management Information System at International Islamic University Malaysia. Currently, she is an Assoc Prof at UTM Advanced Informatics School, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia International Campus Kuala Lumpur. Her research interest lies in Information Security Management Systems , Information Security Policy, Information Security – Awareness and Ethics, Information System Management Security, Cyber Security, Knowledge Management, Enterprise Architecture, e-Government and IT Outsourcing. She has taught computer sciences courses (Diploma, Degree, Masters and PhD). She has served at University Technology Malaysia for 30 years. Besides her heavy involvement in research whilst publishing articles in book chapters and journals, she is also involved in consultancy activities.
- Supervised several students’ projects/ research (Diploma, Degree, Masters and PhD)
- Presented conference papers (Local and International).
- Published articles in book chapters and journals.
- Editor and Reviewer for several papers.
- Wrote several teaching modules and articles in the scientific encyclopaedia (EST).
- Active participation in research (grants awarded by Ministry of Higher Education, Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation; and UTM Research Grant).
- Secured patents and copyrights through research activities.
- Involved with several research and consultancy activities.
- Certified eDRP, ISO 27001:2013 Lead-Auditor ISMS
- Participated in social services.
Associate Prof Dr Zuraini Ismail
BSc (USA) MSc (USA) PhD (Malaysia)
Our Guiding Principles
At C.E.G, we provide a flexible range of academic programmes for various groups of aspiring students who wish to pursue and excel in their respective fields of education. Our programmes cater for Edexcel International Primary Level Curriculum up to Edexcel O-Level and A-Level programmes. We provide full time formal programmes, home-schooling programmes as well as tuition classes for students who wish to have additional coaching.
We also provide language learning programmes in English (TOEFL, ESOL, IELTS, SAT), Communicative Malay, Mandarin and Japanese for those individuals who need to pick up or polish up their language skills for everyday life or working environment.
Our homeschooling programmes are meticulously drawn up, such that they all converge as student centred programmes, so as to give students the best education, bearing in mind that the key enablers for achievement oriented learning are quality of teaching staff and education delivery system, teaching materials / resources and a conducive learning environment. Teacher – student relationship is also held in high esteem, so that students get to feel self-motivated and inspired to bring out their hidden potentials and become high achievers. We also assign teachers to manage students who need special counselling to handle personal or social issues that may arise from time to time.
Our Teaching Staff
Our teachers at CEG are all appropriately qualified in their respective field of specialisation and mostly possess between 20 to 30 years of teaching experience in delivering the IGCSE Curriculum to students from different backgrounds and nationalities. This team of dedicated and committed teachers work hard to ensure the child receives the best possible education and care.
- to ensure the required available resources, including teaching materials, competent teachers and activities are at par with the needs of our ever-changing society and an evolving education system.
- to engage students in interactive and developmental learning experiences and critical thinking.
- to provide a learning environment that is physically conducive and socially interactive to encourage attributes of personal development, and respect for one another.
- to continuously evaluate the curriculum and assess student’s development and progress in education and identify student’s strengths and address issues at early stages.
- to encourage active and positive participation and consultations among parents and teachers in support of student development.
Our vision at CEG is to be complete educators, providing well-rounded education for the development of creative, intellectually critical and socially responsible individuals who are highly committed to achieving academic excellence.
- All children Can and Will learn
- Children are the future and our most important resource
- Children have the greatest opportunity to learn in a safe environment
- We set positive examples for our students through innovative role play activities
- Each child has intrinsic worth and therefore must be accepted and treated with respect and dignity
- All children will be offered an education developed to meet their individual needs